November 2, 2014 at 11:08 pm #820
Official Ambush Forums
Please read these rules in full. Ignorance of the rules does not excuse violation of them. Violations may result in temporary suspension from the official Ambush forums or permanent closure of the account in question. Participating on the official Ambush forums is a privilege granted by Ambush, not a right, and may be revoked for a temporary or permanent duration.
1) CONTENT: The following sections outline language, expression, which is not allowed on the Ambush official forums.
A. Race, Ethnicity, Gender, Nationality, Life Choices, Religion, and Politics
– Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of racial, ethnic, gender, national, life choice, religious, or political hatred or slurs.
– Anything related to politics.
– Anything related to religion.
B. Sexuality and Violence
– Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of excessively sexual or violent acts.
– Anything that promotes, is recognized as, or alludes to symbols of minors in sexual situations.
– Anything that insults or demeans any aspect of any sexual orientation.
– Anything construed as pornographic.
– Any references to violence occurring outside of Ambush.
C. Personal Information, Attacks, and Threats
– Any release of personal information about yourself, other individuals, or Ambush employees.
– Any language that can be perceived as an attack against other individuals or Ambush employees.
– Any threats, veiled or otherwise, made against yourself, other individuals, or Ambush employees.
D. Inappropriate Obscenity, Vulgarity, and Profanity
– Anything construed as referring to human anatomy, mental development, or bodily functions inappropriately.
– Anything construed as excessively crude or offensive.
E. Illegal Activity
– Requesting, arranging, or offering copyright infringement (piracy), illegal activities, or illegal drugs.
– Discussing illegal activity committed personally.
– Discussing or arranging anything that violates the Ambush terms of service.
F. Harassment and Defamatory Statements
– Anything construed as referring to other individuals or Ambush employees using any disallowed content or behavior.
G. Discussion of Moderator Action
– Excessive or direct reference to past, present, or future moderator action on the official Ambush forums.
– Excessive discussion or debate of the official Ambush forums rules.
H. Foreign Languages
– Use of foreign languages to circumvent moderation.
– “Calling out” other users or Ambush staff in the title or content of a thread or post.
2) BEHAVIOR: The following sections outline actions which are not allowed on the official Ambush forums.
– Any language or actions intended to disturb other individuals.
– Any disruption or exploitation of contests and promotions.
– Disruptive practical jokes on any day other than April 1.
B. Spamming and Post Content
– Excessive repetition of a single phrase, similar phrases, image or images, or incoherent gibberish.
– Excessive use of Caps Lock.
– “First posting”.
– “inb4lock” posting.
– Posts with minimal or no content.
– Posts that do not contribute to the overall conversation.
– Threads or posts whose primary purpose is dramatic effect rather than substantive discussion.
– Posts made only to “bump” a thread to the front page of that forum section.
– Any promotion of non-Ambush commercial ventures.
– Acquiring anything from another individual through misinformation, confusion, or fraud.
E. Multiple Accounts and Impersonation
– Creation of multiple accounts by a single individual solely for use on the official forums.
– Creation of multiple accounts for the purpose of evading suspension or account closure.
– Any impersonation of other individuals or Ambush, or their partners’ employees. Note: All Ambush, and partner company representatives are required to have a custom title denoting their position and employer, so you will always be aware of whom is a company representative.
– Misrepresentation of Ambush, or their partners. This includes falsely quoting moderators or staff members, or quoting moderators or staff members in such a way that the content or context of the material quoted is changed.
3) MODERATOR PREROGATIVE: Interpretation of the above rules is at the sole discretion of the moderators. Content and behavior outside of these listed rules are also subject to moderator review and action. All decisions made by Ambush moderators are final.
4) ACCOUNT CLOSURE: Account closures executed by the Ambush moderators are permanent. New accounts made by owners of closed accounts will be summarily closed.
5) PUBLIC IDENTITY: Public identities are subject to these rules. Account holders with public identities that are in violation of these rules may be contacted and asked to change their public identity or otherwise warned or suspended from the official Ambush forums. If a new appropriate public identity is not provided by the account holder in a reasonable amount of time, it will be changed to an appropriate public identity by Ambush staff.
Accounts found to be violating these rules may:
– Be given a warning.
– Be given a final warning where any further violations will result in suspension from the official Ambush forums or account closure.
– Be temporarily suspended from the official Ambush forums.
– Be permanently closed.
– Be permanently suspended from Ambush and anything Ambush publishes.
This list of rules will be updated as necessary.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.